Its labour dayyy! So there is no school-yet. I shall start my final year tomorrow. Breathe..Breathe..Breathe..
It has been a week since I arrived and my sleeping patterns are still not fully adjusted. I am super sleepy in the evenings to the point of being zombified! My looong naps kept me awake at night and I barely sleep before fajr and stay awake after that. Like right now… The thing about being awake at night is that, after fajr I AM FAMISHED! Of course I always have food in the frigde.Eheh..I just finished my last bowl of Cream of Mussels and decided that I have to write my recipe down straight away before I forget! Like I usually do.
I went to PA Supermarche the other day and they were selling mussels for 4$!A complete steal I tell ya. Mussels are on of my favorite seafood. Who could resist a great mussel dish?This soup is fantastic for cold days like today!
So here is the recipe..
Original recipe here
Cream of Mussel Soup
1 ½ cup water
1 anchovy cube
1 cup of milk
½ cup of cream
1 whole onion, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
3 tablespoon of butter
Salt and pepper to taste
Parsley flakes (optional)
2 ½ tablespoon of flour
- Clean mussels thoroughly and set aside.
- In a pot, melt butter and sauté the garlic and onion.
- Once the garlic and onion soften, add the anchovy cube. Stir for about a minute.
- Pour in the water and let it simmer.
- Add in the mussels and cover the pot with its lid for 5 to 6minutes.
- Pour in the cream and milk.
- Once the soup simmers, add 1 tablespoon of flour at a time and add more depending on the consistency of the soup.
- Season the soup with salt, pepper and parsley flakes.
- Serve with some toasted garlic bread.
Phew. That was quick and easy. Let’s make some coffee shall we? Or…go back to bed? Decisions decisions.